Resources to support your mental health
- Your medical plan covers mental health, substance use disorder, and chemical dependency services. (These services will involve out-of-pocket expenses, i.e., copays and deductibles.) Stay in-network to get the most from your benefits.
- To find in-network providers, go to provider.liveandworkwell.com
- Your medical plan also covers behavioral health services when using Teladoc telehealth. (Services will be at no cost starting on July 1, 2023.)
- To access, visit teladoc.com or call 800.835.2362.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- You have 6 free counseling sessions through the EAP program—or 12 sessions for first responders. Remember, however, that this program is not a long-term solution. If longer-term counseling is necessary, you’ll need to use your insurance.
- To access, call 833.955.3386. (Important: If you are employed through a Kairos fire district, city, or town, your EAP provider will be changing as of July 1. Be on the lookout for more information.)
If you or someone you know is considering suicide, call 911 immediately.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 800.273.8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text MHA to 741.741
- Visit mhanational.org for more resources